Cantucci biscuits with Muscovado sugar, candied pineapple and dark chocolate
250 g plain flour
150 g cane sugar
30 g Muscovado sugar
60 g butter
3 g yeast
80 g candied pineapple
50 g dark chocolate
Peel of ¼ of lemon
1 pinch of salt
1) Mix the butter and cane sugar together.
2) Combine the eggs, Muscovado sugar and lemon peel and mix well with a whisk.
3) Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Blend the mixture well.
4) Dice the pineapple and the dark chocolate (put the chocolate into the freezer for 10 minutes so that it doesn’t smear in the mixture) and add it to the rest.
5) Make some loaves on a floured pastry board, put them onto a baking tray with oven paper and bake at 180 °C for about 20 minutes.
6) Once out of the oven, leave them to cool and cut them diagonally, “sloping”, then put them back into the oven and toast for 5-6 minutes at 200 °C.