Miniatensi


Category:
Fresh pastries and bakery, biscuit, confectionary and pastry products;

1. Product name:
Miniatensi

2. Other names:

3. Short product description:
Miniatensi biscuits are similar in shape to cantucci, but only in appearance. In fact, the dough is very different. It’s more delicate and soft. Its aroma is subtle and slightly sugary.
There are many varieties of this product and each distinguishes itself from the others with the sorts of fruits used: “Miniatensi alle albicocche” have the unique flavour of ripe and fleshy apricots; “Miniatensi alle amarene candite” use candied cherries and “Miniatensi all’arancia e nocciola” marry the sweet and sour contrast of orange and hazelnuts with the dough that covers them.
Then there are the “Miniatensi ai chicchi di puro cioccolato fondente”, which mixes 70% cocoa butter with the basic “miniatense classico” dough for a beautiful snap under the teeth.
Finally, there are the “Miniatensi ai chicchi di puro cioccolato fondente e caffè” in which the warm and enveloping flavour of chocolate mixes with the buzz of coffee.
All of the above-mentioned miniatensi belong to the family of beaten dough biscuits.

4. Production area:
San Miniato

5. Production status:
r disappeared r at risk r active

6. Production process:
The ingredients used: “00” wheat flour, sugar, starch, egg, margarine, glucose and sugar syrup, leavening agents and salt.
The dough is spooned into a pastry bag and then piped onto a greased baking tray and decorated with granulated and brown sugars before baking. In the version with black cherries, the dough is wrapped around the cherry to enclose it completely.
After baking, it’s left to cool and sliced lengthways. The biscuits are then packed into bags with rectangular panels.

7. Materials, equipment and premises used for production:
– A pastry’s kitchen that meets all HACCP criteria
– Piping bag
– Electric mixer

8. Notes on traditionalism, homogeneity of spread and persistence of production rules over time:
These products find their origin at the hands of a famous San Miniato artisan pastry chef, who inherited the passion and pastry art from his ancestors, and who is today helped by his son and daughter-in-law. As the fifth generation, they are the mouthpieces of San Miniato’s strong sweets history and a tradition maintained by the repetition of gestures: from the never changing preparation of ingredients, the breaking of the eggs, the cutting and packing – actions performed by hand without ceasing, but open to re-innovation to meet the ever-present challenges of quality control.
These “not biscuits” are part of a Tuscan tradition that stems from a disagreement over the production of two types of “cantucci”: one “hard” and one “soft”. Within the family, the former has always been preferred, but the latter has also been preserved.
It’s a beaten dough biscuit with more modern flavours and the aromas of the best sweet traditions from San Miniato to Tedesco that lover of the old rites Rino del Perondi (Rino
Gazzarrini) and Madame Nelliria rediscovered in their continued pilgrimage down the ancient roads already travelled by their family’s founding bakers and cultivators of old flavours.
With its velvety consistency, the miniatense tastes like centuries past and the old production methods collected from the oral traditions of the Valdelsa area, often embellished with fantastical stories and legends that feel like they’re hidden in the biscuits and replayed every time you open the packet.

9. Production:
The effective quantity of product produced in the last three years is close to 100kg. Sales take place almost exclusively within the area with only 10% sold elsewhere in Italy. The company makes up to 90% of direct sales to individuals, while the remaining 10% is sold to local stores. Miniatesi can be tried and tasted during the Mostra Mercato del tartufo bianco di San Miniato, which is held during the last three weeks in November.



Product type
Pat
Category
Fresh pastries and bakery products, biscuits, pastry and confectionery
Production area

I miniatensi vengono prodotti nel comune di San Miniato, in provincia di Pisa.


jQuery('#popmake-89585') .on('pumBeforeClose', function () { var $iframe = jQuery('iframe', jQuery(this)), src = $iframe.prop('src'); $iframe.prop('src', '').prop('src', src.replace('?autoplay=1', '')); });